Monday, July 14, 2008

We're Back!



Drew and I have made it back safe and sound from a week of camp. We had such great weather and my best friend Sarah and I were so thankful it didn't rain all week.

We had 46 girls at camp this year that will be going into 4th and 5th grade. Some were new faces, some were returning from last year. We had fun and for the first time, we had no injuries! Drew was such a good baby the whole week. He took great naps twice a day and slept through the night. I have to give a great big thanks to Andy, Sarah and Cindy for giving us such great accomodations....if we hadn't been able to stay in the apartment, life could have been a lot worse.

Tim came to see us on Wednesday, I really don't think he could have waited any longer. Thank goodness my mom came to help me with Drew for a few hours most days. Crafts could have been disasterous had Drew been in there every afternoon.

Sarah did such a good job, as usual, having everything ready for the girls. I didn't feel like I was being of much assistance to her, but I enjoyed myself trying. So here is a rundown of nightly activities: Sunday was a campfire, Monday was ballfield games, Tuesday was Donut Frenzy, Wednesday was water games, gutter sundaes, cookout and polar swim, Thursday was Skit Night and Friday was another campfire (with s'mores!) and a dance. I missed the campfires this year because Drew was already in bed....

Here are some pictures from the week....

2 comments:

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

Glad you are back safe and sound! I know Tim is thrilled, too. The pictures were so cute...I can't believe how big Drew is getting. We really need to get together before school starts. Maybe we can get together the week of the 28th...?

jenn said...

Ditto on the get together. That slip and slide kicball should be a Waco event. I'm sure we could con Ragan into Waco Water Wars instead of measily old field day.
I might not ever have a job there again, but hey, it's an end of the year events so I say, "Let's get it on..."