tim, drew and i at keeneland...brrrr!
- several men in running tights. i know, it's no worse than a speedo but still. ick!
- a map wearing running tights in capri length. i don't know who told him it looked good, but they lied.
- a girl wearing bikini bottom short shorts and had her legs lathered up with what looked like a combo of vaseline and baby oil. i'm not sure if that's supposed to keep you warm or what...it's not like you're gonna chafe running a 5k. seriously, put on some pants.
- several people being drug by their dogs on the course only to meet back up with them a 1/2 mile down the road where their dog had to make a pit stop....nothing more appetizing than seeing a steaming pile while you're thinking of thanksgiving dinner.
- the best running shirt i've seen in a while. it was called the "parson's family project" (a family of runners) with their top 10 list of why they run on the back. waco loopers will have a shirt like this next! :)
i'm thankful i was able to get up and go run yesterday. i'm glad i have good friends that are willing to do it as well, we had fun. now we need to do the reindeer ramble in december.
here are my other thanksgiving "thankfuls":
- i have such a happy, healthy family
- everyone was at thanksgiving dinner this year!
- we are blessed with a home that keeps us safe and warm
- my good friends...i don't know what i would do without those few close friends i rely on....tim, angie, sarah, jennifer, jess, jeanne.
- a mom who wasn't thrilled that her 28 year old daughter got a tattoo but didn't say anything about it (and still asked to see it.) :)
- a new (and only) sister-in-law who loves my brother very much. he needed you in his life and i'm so glad you found each other, even if you did have to go halfway across the world to do it.
- my pups. they are my other kids.
- a baby who loves me as much as i love him.
- a husband who loves me as much as i love him.
- a mamaw that has a good enough sense of humor to wear her "my oncologist is my homeboy" shirt i got her when she was still doing chemo.
- a family that always seems to have room for one more person at the dinner table, even when we don't know them or it's the first time we've met....you did a good thing, kate.
- and i am especially thankful i do not have to go out in the black friday crowd today.....lol.