anyway, i digress....when we're talking, i totally understand saying something that maybe didn't come out the right way, was meant differently or just ended up sounding rude. now, the kicker here is that some people put things in writing before actually thinking.
this whole blog stems from the fact that i believe people will put just about anything on the internet without regard for a sense of confidentiality, personal life or the fact that some of us just don't want to know certain things. ever. especially when we get mental images....ugh.
i saw a status update on an old acquaintance's myspace a few minutes ago that said he was "aroused". really? who puts that out there for people to see? i DID NOT want to know that! now i have this nasty mental picture that i can't shake and it really ticks me off.
here are some of the other status updates/posts/survey answers/pictures/whatever else i've come across that tend to annoy or amuse me, depending on the day:
- of course, the "aroused" status has to be first. yuck.
- a daily status/what are you doing? update by another person on myspace that says "i miss ________ so bad....love u baby. love you more than ever."
- people who take pictures of themselves and post them...and you can still see their arm in the picture. hilarious!
- people who take their own picture in a mirror. do you think people can't tell you took your own picture???
- someone who filled out a survey and instead of answering "yes", "yeah" or "yep" to questions, answers with the word "yelp" everytime. Yelp.
- i think it's too funny when people update their status before every single activity in their lives..."going to the store", "going to school", "watching t.v.", "going to bed".....
- when people have 75 pictures posted of just themselves....especially the ones that have a caption reading "aren't i cute" or "just me", "just me being silly"...those crack me up.
- people who post a million pictures of themselves in skimpy outfits. are they proud, because i can assure them, their relatives are not.
- people who label a photo album as "photoshoot in ______" then post pictures of a supposed photoshoot where some of the pictures are taken on a greasy old picnic table. is that supposed to be sexy?
*yes, these are all actual things i have seen on myspace. amazing, huh?
and last, a list of my favorite "mood" selections on myspace....many of which are not moods.
- cultured - i love that you can be crunk yet cultured....
- ninja - ninja mood is new to me
- pugnacious - huh? this makes me think of dudley dursley.
- virginal - before or after being aroused?