Thursday, April 17, 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.




So I guess this blog is started for those wonderful ladies at work who make me laugh everyday. I'm loving the fact that things are winding down at work and I've avoided most of the stress of the year. I'm sure you'll probably be sorry I decided to blog after some of the useless rambling that will be coming your way....and we all know you don't get enough of my sensational sarcasm during the day, right?

Okay, so the heading of this blog is is about making mistakes....there isn't enough room on the world wide web to list all of mine but I think most of the mistakes I've made I've eventually learned something from...if it hasn't been anything better, I've at least learned to try and make those mistakes and not let anyone else find out. Some of the mistakes however have been a little less easy to overcome, like when I choose time and time again to eat the WHOLE pack of cookies and not just one or two like the normal person would. (But we all know calories don't count unless someone actually sees you consume them.) For those of you who think I'm joking about eating the whole package of cookies, just ask my husband....chocolate chip cookies are almost my favorite breakfast in the world. (They edge out a king size Fudge Round by just a hair.) And yes, I am the girl who ate two, count them, TWO hot fudge cakes from Frisch's in one sitting....it's really not that much different than the person who eats dinner then dessert, I just choose to have dessert and dessert.

On a more serious note, I guess no one is immune to making mistakes. I think having a baby has really made me a little more understanding of that in others. I am well aware I'm hard on others, hopefully not judgemental, just a tough love kind of approach. I know a few of you are gonna laugh out loud when you read that part because it's so true. Maybe the real trick is not to actually hide our mistakes from others, but to change ourselves a little bit because of the mistakes and choices we make....Lord knows I'm not even close to perfect.

Uh-oh, we've just had another enlightening moment in the Rosencrans' household that could dedfinitely be classified as a mistake....it's called too many spoonfuls of prunes in Drew's cereal....

3 comments:

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

I don't know what you're talking about...I NEVER make any mistakes! wink, wink Seriously though, I'm excited you started a blog because I always enjoy your honesty and of course your occassional off-the-wall story!

JB, Angie and Ashlyn said...

Okay I just realized I spelled occasional with a** in the middle! HA! It's been a long day...

Shannon said...

OK, I am really excited that you guys are doing this, and in order to respond, it made me set up an account. SO, maybe one day in between soccer practices, I will let my creative juices flow!

It is my belief that our biggest mistakes are the very events that make us the strong women that we are! This explains my "Herculean" strength" now, doesn't it?

By the way, watch out for those prunes!!!