mamaw ended up going to the doctor yesterday for her MRI because they were worried the weather would be too bad today....it was a good thing because they actually closed the office today due to ice. dr. horn (her oncologist, who just happens to be her homeboy, ha!) called this morning to let her know the spot was so small he could not positively identify it as cancer. given her history with the two cancers however, he did think this is most likely the case.
her next step now is to return to his office on monday and have a biopsy by needle aspiration. if they are not able to get the biopsy that way, they will have to make an incision and do it surgically. this isn't great news because we know the cancer is more than likely back, but it is much better news than we thought it would be. it's always so touch and go and the waiting game is torture. i talked to mam and pap both this morning and they are in good spirits considering all they have on their minds. so now, we wait.
But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. Romans 8: 25