Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hooray!


Drew finally has a tooth! As of Thursday morning, his very first tooth broke through. It seems a little late considering he's a little over 10 months but my mom assures me none of us had teeth until somewhere around this time. I suppose what they say is true, every baby is different.

There are a few other "hoorays!" this weekend....Angie and JB are running their first 5K this morning in Lexington. They're running for a great cause, the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation....I wanted Angie to get JB a shirt that said "Running to Save Second Base".

Also, our friend Ashley has had her baby boy almost 8 weeks early. She had an emergency c-section around 1:00 am Friday. Solon Gray is 3 lbs 15 oz and 17 1/4 inches long. Jennifer and I were able to see him in the NICU for a few minutes and he is perfect! Very small and skinny, but perfect and doing well, thank goodness.

I found while being back in the NICU that it may very well be a place I would want to try to hide and stay in! How amazing to see all those teeny-tiny babies working so hard to make a place in this world. I couldn't help but think what a wonderful job those nurses must be blessed with, especially when everything turns out well for mom and baby. It was very shocking and a little heartwrenching to see Solon at almost 4 pounds and think that Drew was almost one of those babies. I spent a week at Central Bap when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant....who knows if Drew would have even been able to survive being 14 weeks early at 2.2 lbs if they hadn't been able to stop my labor. The doctors did not have much hope for him had he been born at that time, telling me he would have underdeveloped organs and senses. What amazes me is that there were babies just like that in the NICU yesterday and they all seemed to be doing so well and were so peaceful. It was definitely an experience I think I needed. Had I been wheeled in there when I was in the hospital to see what could happen to Drew if I didn't take care of myself, I would have probably been much more adament about following the bedrest rules.....

Anyway, away from the reflection and back to the point of this blog--
HOORAY ANGIE AND JB!
HOORAY ASHLEY AND SOLON!

No comments: