i promised pictures, i don't have them yet....sorry! the reindeer ramble was a success, we won first place in the santapede team division! jennifer's friend tyler was our photographer today and he's going to send me the pictures soon.
to prepare you, we went as the christmas story characters and it was fantastic. included in our team were: the pink nightmare, ralphie in regular clothes, the bully, randy, mom, the leg lamp, santa with the red ryder bb gun (and yes, we had a real red ryder), farkas (the bully) and of course, flick. to hold you over until pictures are posted, here is some christmas story trivia for you to enjoy.
oh, and if you've never seen it, shame on you.
- According to Peter Billingsley (young Ralphie) in the DVD Commentary, the nonsensical ramblings that Ralphie exclaims while beating up Scott Farkus were scripted, word for word.
- For the scene in which Flick's tongue sticks to the flagpole, a hidden suction tube was used to safely create the illusion that his tongue had frozen to the metal.
- Ralphie says that he wanted the "Red Ryder BB Gun" 28 times.
- The film was released just before Thanksgiving and became a surprise hit. By the time Christmas rolled around, the movie had already been pulled from most theaters because it had been "played out". After complaints were lodged at the theater owners and the studio, the film played on select screens until after the first of the year 1984.
- Inspired the creation of "The Wonder Years" (1988).
- Director Bob Clark mentions in the commentary on the 2003 DVD that he worked with writer Jean Shepherd for nearly ten years on the concept of ‘A Christmas Story’ before the film was made.